Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This application is for solicitation on public property
and/or public rights-of-way including vehicle solicitation.
Any single religious or charitable organization may solicit from motor vehicles not more than
two (2) days in any calendar year. Only one charitable organization may solicit donations
from motor vehicles on any single day.
No one is allowed to stand in the street or road while the traffic light is green. Solicitors must
stand on a curb or traffic island until such time as the traffic light cycles to red and at that time
approach vehicles only when they have come to a complete stop.
• Solicitors must remove themselves from the lanes of traffic prior to the traffic light cycling back
• All solicitors in the right-of-way must wear a bright colored traffic safety vest easily
recognizable, (orange or yellow) with the name of your organization clearly identified and
legible by a driver or passenger in a motor vehicle.
• Solicitors cannot tap or knock on windows in an attempt to solicit.
• No more than one person soliciting for each direction of traffic, but in no event more than four
people soliciting in any intersection.
• No solicitor may obstruct or hinder the flow of traffic at any time.
• Soliciting from motor vehicles shall be only between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. and shall only
occur at intersections protected by traffic lights, stop signs or median islands at all corners.
• A badge or identification card shall be issued by the Village Manager’s Office and worn by each
person soliciting contributions, which shall bear a number and the words “Solicitor for
Charitable Purposes,” Village of Skokie.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field