Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
This application is for charitable solicitation on public property including vehicle solicitation, as well
as for charitable groups soliciting door-to-door and distributing handbills. All Village regulations in
regard to charitable solicitation can be found in the Skokie Village Code, section 78-91 to 78-132.
According to the Skokie Village Code, Sec. 6-43:
It shall be unlawful for any person to post, hand out, distribute or transmit any sign, or any
commercial or noncommercial handbill:
(1) Which may reasonably tend to incite riot or other public disorder, or which advocates
disloyalty to or the overthrow of the government of the United States or of this State by
means of any artifice, scheme, or violence, or which urges any unlawful conduct, or
encourages or tends to encourage a breach of the public peace or good order of the
(2) Which contains obscene, libelous or other language which is made unlawful by any law
of the Village, the State, or the United States.
No one is allowed to stand in the street or road while the traffic light is green. Solicitors must
stand on a curb or traffic island until such time as the traffic light cycles to red and at that time
approach vehicles only when they have come to a complete stop.
• Solicitors must remove themselves from the lanes of traffic prior to the traffic light cycling back
• All solicitors in the right-of-way must wear a bright colored traffic safety vest easily
recognizable, (orange or yellow) with the name of your organization clearly identified and
legible by a driver or passenger in a motor vehicle.
• Solicitors cannot tap or knock on windows in an attempt to solicit.
• No more than one person soliciting for each direction of traffic, but in no event more than four
people soliciting in any intersection.
• No solicitor may obstruct or hinder the flow of traffic at any time.
• Soliciting from motor vehicles shall be only between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. and shall only
occur at intersections protected by traffic lights, stop signs or median islands at all corners.
• A badge or identification card shall be issued by the Village Manager’s Office and worn by each
person soliciting contributions, which shall bear a number and the words “Solicitor for
Charitable Purposes,” Village of Skokie.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field