Skokie's Spring Greening – Sunday April 3, 2022, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event is open to Skokie residents and residents of any SWANCC member community listed here. The event is free with the exception of paint recycling (prices listed below).
See updates from the Skokie's Spring Greening website.
What to bring:
Westfield Old Orchard West Lot – enter from Old Orchard and turn south onto Lavergne Ave into mall (same as last year):
- Document Destruction: Up to 4 boxes of sensitive bank documents, medical forms, tax documents, and documents with persona information such as account numbers or social security numbers. No magazines, newspapers, or junk mail. No folders, clips, binders, covers, etc.
- Electronics: computers, mice, keyboards, monitors, printers, televisions, cable receivers, converter boxes, fax machines, cell phones, PDA’s, scanners, video game consoles, VHS/DVD players, Zip Drives, MP3 players.
9933 Lawler Avenue Building Lot – enter from Golf Road and turn north onto Lawler Avenue (just north of electronics recycling and document destruction):
- Batteries: lithium or rechargeable only. No alkaline batteries! Please tape terminals with duct tape or electrical tape or place one battery per sealable sandwich bag to reduce fire risk.
- Car batteries
- Textiles: clothing, shoes, blankets, drapes/curtains, backpacks, and sleeping bags
- Paint: latex and oil accepted. This is the only station that has a fee due to the cost of recycling.
- Latex quart - $2.50
- Latex gallon - $5.00
- Latex bucket - $18.00
- Spray can - $2.00
- Oil-based quart - $5.00
- Oil-based gallon - $9.00
- Oil-based pail - $20
- Fire extinguishers
- Holiday lights
- Other recycling stations to be updated at skokiespringgreening.info