On September 1, 2021, Skokie residents ages 12 and older will be eligible to make online appointments to receive a free flu vaccine from the Skokie Health and Human Services Department (HHS). A link to the vaccine portal will be added to this post on September 1, 2021.
Please see important information below:
- Only Skokie residents who are 12 years of age or older are eligible for vaccines
- HHS is providing the regular flu vaccine dose, not the senior dose
- You must arrive at your scheduled appointment time. No early arrivals, late arrivals or walk-ins will be accommodated
- A distance of six feet must be maintained between each attendee, and masks must be worn to completely cover the mouth and nose while at the HHS flu clinic
- HHS flu clinics will be held on:
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The HHS flu clinic location is uncertain at this time; please check back in coming weeks for confirmation of the clinic location (Note: the September/October edition of NewSkokie listed 7770 Gross Point Road as the location, but this is currently uncertain and will be verified or corrected as soon as possible.)
Proof of Skokie residency will be required to enter the clinic. The following: valid driver’s license, state I.D., current voter registration card, current utility bill, current residential lease or deed are acceptable proof of residency. If you are Medicare Part B eligible, please bring your Medicare card.