The Village received nearly 18 inches of snow in the winter storm that began on February 14 and continued through the early morning of February 16, 2021. Here are updates on the Village's response to the storm:
Alternate-side parking is in effect from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17:
- On Tuesday, February 16, all vehicles must be moved to the side of the street with even-numbered addresses between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- On Wednesday, February 17, all vehicles must be moved to the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
At present, plows cannot do down some streets on which a majority of residents do not comply with alternate-side parking.
- Plowing will continue on Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17, and likely through the end of the week. Please stay home and don't drive if at all possible - conditions are treacherous and vehicles impede plowing operations.
- Alley plowing began shortly after midnight on Tuesday, February 16 and continues until completion. Alleys will be plowed again beginning shortly after midnight on Wednesday, February 17 continuing through Thursday, February 18.
- Sidewalk snow plowing began at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and continues until completion; it is estimated that sidewalk snow plowing will not be completed until the end of this week.
Refuse and recycling collection information:
- There will be no refuse collection on Tuesday, February 16 or Wednesday, February 17. Regular collections are expected on Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19.
- Lakeshore Recycling Systems will not collect residential recycling or commercial waste on Tuesday, February 16. They expect to return to regular operations on Wednesday, February 17.
Village Parking Lots Available for Residents
Through Friday, February 19 at 6:01 p.m., the following municipal and park district parking lots are available for residential parking:
- North Skokie Swift parking lot that is accessed off of Gross Point Road north of Dempster Street. Parking is allowed in the section of the lot closest to Gross Point Road.
- The municipal parking lot near Crafty Beaver on the north side of Oakton Street in Downtown Skokie.
- Skokie Swift parking lot on the northwest corner of Skokie Boulevard and Searle Parkway.
- The north Oakton Park parking lot at 4701 Oakton Street.