Village of Skokie COVID-19 Vaccination Process
1. Pre-register with the Village of Skokie if you live in the 60076, 60077 and 60203 zip code areas. Every household member age 16 and over is encouraged to pre-register. Note: You will not receive a confirmation email from the Village after pre-registering.
Click here to access the COVID-19 pre-registration portal.
2. Await notification from the Village. Please be patient. With more than 17,000 individuals pre-registered in the Village system, it may take many weeks or months before you are notified. Based on the information you provide, the Village will notify you via the email address provided when the vaccine is available to you based on your priority group (State of Illinois vaccination phase), the order in which you pre-registered (first-in, first-served), and, most importantly, the amount of available vaccine. The email will come from email@example.com; to date, the invitation emails are being issued late in the week for the following week’s scheduled vaccine clinics. The Village is currently vaccinating individuals in Phases 1A, 1B and 1B+.
3. Register for your first vaccine dose. The notification email will include a link to register for an appointment to receive your first dose of the vaccine. Upon completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your appointment and a ticket to present for admission.
4. Receive your first vaccine dose. Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment. Please bring a current, state-issued photo ID showing proof of Skokie residency. Be sure to wear short sleeves and a mask. If you work at a Skokie healthcare provider, please bring a work ID or documentation of employment.
5. While you are at the Village’s clinic for your first dose, you will make the appointment for your second dose. While at a Village of Skokie clinic receiving their first dose of vaccine, individuals will be able to make an appointment for their second dose while at the clinic either on their smartphone, tablet or at one of several available computer kiosks. Village staff or volunteers will be able to assist with the process and/or to answer questions about securing appointments. Those who cannot make their second-dose appointment on site will receive the information needed to make the appointment at a later time. Residents who need assistance after leaving the clinic should email COVID19@skokie.org or call the Village’s COVID-19 vaccination hotline at 847/779-7726.
6. Receive your second vaccine dose. Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment. Please bring a current, state-issued photo ID showing proof of Skokie residency. Be sure to wear short sleeves and a mask. If you for a Skokie healthcare provider, please bring a work ID or documentation of employment.
See frequently asked questions about the Village of Skokie COVId-19 vaccination process.