Skokie Resilient Community Collaborative (SRCC)
To promote resilience in the Skokie community through inclusive education and engagement about the lifelong impacts of adverse childhood experiences.
About the SRCC
The SRCC formed as a result of two years of concerted effort on the part of a diverse group of Skokie entities representing healthcare, social services, education, library, and other community organizations. Community events and educational opportunities were held to bring together individuals interested in supporting the resilience of the community in which they worked, lived, or even simply passed through from time to time. The first official meeting of the SRCC was held in January 2019 and over the course of several meetings group members developed the mission, goals, and committee responsibilities. The three committees (Community Engagement and Education, Systems Development, and Communication) are now meeting regularly to develop ways to engage the community and build a network of resources for residents.
Our areas of focus
• Outreach to Skokie Residents and Community Groups
• Education on ACEs, resilience, and available resources for residents
• Intentional inclusivity to reach all members of our diverse community
• Organizational level outreach and education on ACEs and resilience
• Development of referral networks for providers and professionals to direct
clients to resources
• Training initiatives for Skokie organizations
Partnering and Affiliated Organizations
The SRCC brings together a number of organizations, community leaders, and residents hoping to build an ongoing network of accessible support in the Village. Supporting organizations include: