The Plan Commission is charged with maintaining the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Chapter of the Skokie Village Code and the Comprehensive Plan as effective planning tools. The Plan Commission is an advisory body that reviews requests for Comprehensive Plan amendments, Zoning Chapter text amendments, Zoning Map amendments, subdivisions, consolidations, public street and alley dedications and vacations, special use permits and site plan approvals.
First and Third Thursdays of every month at 7:30 p.m.
View the Village meetings calendar
Agendas and Reports
Agendas and reports are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following their approval.
View Agendas, Reports and Results
Paul Luke, Chair
Plan Commission Vacancies: 0
Legal and Community Development Departments
The Legal and Community Development Departments provide staff advisors, and the Community Development Director serves as an ex-officio Commission member. The Plan Commission is an advisory body, making recommendations to the Village Board for final action. There are nine members on the Plan Commission, each serving a four-year term.
For more information regarding Plan Commission cases, hearing dates and submittal requirements or deadlines, please contact Johanna Nyden at 847-933-8448.
- Plan Commission Brochure (PDF)
- Community Development Fees (PDF)
- Parking Determination Petition (PDF)
- Site Plan Approval Petition Form (PDF)
- Special Use Permit Petition Form (PDF)
- Subdivision/Dedication Petition Form (PDF)
- Vacation of a Public Street or Alley Petition Form (PDF)
- Zoning Chapter Amendment Petition (PDF)
- Zoning Map Amendment Petition (PDF)