Economic Development Commission
The Skokie Economic Development Commission is committed to the continued growth of industrial and commercial developments in the Village. As a working Commission, it provides input from all aspects of the Skokie business community. In an advisory capacity, this Commission made up of Skokie business members provides a sounding board, researching and analyzing issues affecting the quality of life in the Village. It is a resource for elected officials and staff to explore new economic development ideas and changes to Village policies. This Commission may consider and introduce new economic development ideas for consideration to elected officials and staff.
- Provide input on matters to facilitate sound economic growth and business development.
- Examine opportunities for fostering an attractive economic climate within the Village with respect to both existing and potential new organizations.
- Recommend additional steps and measures to promote economic growth by retaining businesses and attracting new commerce and industry.
- Collaborate with Village elected officials and staff to realize appropriate goals and objectives relating to sound business policies, an increased tax base and increased employment opportunities.
- Feature a business each meeting as part of its business retention program to educate the community about the business and to recognize the contribution the business has made to Skokie.
- Interact with other commissions on matters of joint interest or initiatives.
Second Tuesday of every other month at 8:30 a.m.
Please Note that meeting dates are subject to change and cancellation. Updates will be provided 7 days or more in advance of proposed meeting date / time
View the Village meetings calendar
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings and are posted on the Village website. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes
The Commission consists of appointed commissioners and is staffed by advisors from the Village's Economic Development Division. Commissioners serve a two-year term and are professionals representing a variety of aspects of the local business community.
|Howard Meyer, Vice Chair|
Alison Pure-Slovin, Trustee
Johanna Nyden, Community Development Director
For more information regarding the Economic Development Commission, please contact the Community Development Department at 847-933-8447.