Village Clerk


The office of the Village Clerk provides many important services to Skokie residents. Premier among the office's programs is its election services, with its primary goal to provide the greatest convenience to voting.

The Election Division of the Village Clerk's Office is responsible for all matters involving elections, and the Clerk is the local election official. Skokie residents can register to vote in the Village Clerk's Office. The Clerk's election duties include, but are not limited to voter registration and re-registration. Receiving certain nominating petitions and processing requests for lost voter registration cards.

Citizen's Assistance

Citizen's Assistance is another important aspect of the Village Clerk's Office that falls under the Records Division. The Village Clerk's Office provides a Citizen's Assistance line that can help with inquiries about, and requests for, Village services. Additionally, Citizen's Assistance directs residents to other agencies and organizations that offer needed services. Referrals are often given to agencies that provide consumer, legal, transportation, health, social, employment and other services.

The Citizen's Assistance number is 847/933-8480. Calls received from noon to 1 p.m., weekdays after 5 p.m. and on the weekend will be recorded on an answering machine and handled during the next business hour.

Handicapped Parking Placards

If you live in Skokie, you can apply for a temporary handicap placard at the Clerk's office. The placard is good for three months or less. To apply you will need to fill out a temporary handicapped parking application form available at the Clerk's Office in Skokie Village Hall. This form must be certified by your doctor. For more information, please contact the Clerk's Office.

  1. Village Clerk

    Physical Address
    5127 Oakton Street
    Skokie, IL 60077

    Monday - Friday
    8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.