RequirementsAll vehicles registered in the State of Illinois to an address within the limits of the Village of Skokie are required to purchase and display a valid Village of Skokie vehicle license. The owner of record appearing on the Secretary of State's records is responsible for the purchase and display of the license. Vehicles not in compliance are subject to ticketing and fines.
Online Purchasing Concluded for 2021
Online purchasing for 2021 vehicle stickers ended on July 31, 2021. For information on purchasing or replacing a 2021 vehicle license or zone parking sticker, please email email@example.com or call the Finance Department at 847/933-8423.
Vehicle License Sticker Guidelines
- New residents or businesses must purchase and display vehicle license within sixty days of moving to the Village.
- Purchasers of a new vehicle must purchase and display a valid Village license within thirty days of purchase.
- Holders of current Village licenses will be mailed a renewal form to the last address of record in May of each year.
- Annual renewals may be processed online or through the mail.
- Vehicle licenses must be applied to the inside lower driver's side of the front windshield.
- The fee for a motor vehicle shall be reduced by 50 % if the applicant became the owner of the motor vehicle or a resident of the Village after January 1 (semiannual fee), except motor bicycles, motor-scooters, motorcycles, vehicles of auto dealers, and school buses.
- Late penalties of 50% of the fee required for the applicable license will apply if the license is purchased after December 1 for annual fees or after January 1 for semiannual fees.
- Transfer of license is allowed when an owner provides evidence of the disposal of a vehicle and transfers the license to the new vehicle for $5.
- A replacement vehicle license for a lost or stolen license may be purchased for a fee of $5.
- If an owner having a vehicle registered in another Illinois municipality becomes a resident of the Village, the owner may purchase a current vehicle license for a fee of $5.
Pet LicensingClick here for information about purchasing or replacing a pet license.
Please call the Finance Departments Collections Division at 847/933-8423 for further information.