All vehicles registered in the State of Illinois to an address within the limits of the Village of Skokie are required to purchase and display a valid Village of Skokie vehicle license. The owner of record appearing on the Secretary of State's records is responsible for the purchase and display of the license. Vehicles not in compliance are subject to ticketing and fines.
2023 Vehicle Stickers
The annual renewal period begins on June 1 and runs through July 31 and during that period, the cost for passenger vehicles stickers is $40, with additional fees for trucks and trailers. All vehicle license stickers must be displayed on vehicles by August 1. Prices for all stickers increase by 50 percent on August 1.
Notice: if your sticker is lost, stolen or misplaced there is a $5.00 replacement fee for a new sticker
Owners of vehicles registered in Skokie who have not yet purchased a 2023 sticker can use the following options to purchase:
- Online at www.skokiestickers.org. This is the most convenient way to renew since the Village does not charge credit card processing fees or shipping fees. The portal for renewals opens on June 1 and will remain open until December 31, 2023.
- By mail, if using the renewal form mailed to the residence. Return envelopes were provided with the application forms. For residents in zoned areas, zone stickers may also be purchased online or by mail at $2 each.
- In-person at Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please be advised that the the Finance Department counter can only serve two customers at a time, and residents should expect wait times when purchasing in-person.
Pet licenses, which must be renewed each year, can be purchased at the Finance Department counter. By ordinance, all cats and dogs living in Skokie are required to have a license. Fees are $25 for animals that are not neutered or spayed, and $10 for animals that are neutered or spayed. When purchasing a pet license, please bring a copy of the animal’s rabies vaccination certificate and veterinary proof of neutering or spaying, if applicable.
all the Finance Department at
For information on purchasing or replacing a 2023 vehicle license or zone parking sticker, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Finance Department at 847/933-8423.
Vehicle License Sticker Guidelines
- New residents or businesses must purchase and display vehicle license within sixty days of moving to the Village.
- Purchasers of a new vehicle must purchase and display a valid Village license within thirty days of purchase. New vehicle owners must provide documentation of a date of purchase for their new vehicle after August 1st.
- Holders of current Village licenses will be mailed a renewal form to the last address of record in late May of each year.
- Annual renewals may be processed online or through the mail.
- Vehicle licenses must be applied to the inside lower driver's side of the front windshield.
- The fee for a motor vehicle shall be reduced by 50 % if the applicant became the owner of the motor vehicle or a resident of the Village after January 1 (semiannual fee), except trailers, motor bicycles, motor-scooters, motorcycles, vehicles of auto dealers, and school buses.
- Late penalties of 50% of the fee required for the applicable license will apply if the license is purchased after December 1 for annual fees or after January 1 for semiannual fees.
- Transfer of license is allowed when an owner provides evidence of the disposal of a vehicle and transfers the license to the new vehicle for $5.
- A replacement vehicle license for a lost or stolen license may be purchased for a fee of $5.
- If an owner having a vehicle registered in another Illinois municipality becomes a resident of the Village, the owner may purchase a current vehicle license for a fee of $5 with the proof of a valid drivers license.
Payment of late penalties shall not exempt a person from any other fines imposed for the operation of a motor vehicle without the display of a proper license.
Click here for information about purchasing or replacing a pet license.
Please call the Finance Departments Collections Division at 847/933-8423 for further information.