Local Tax Rates
- 7.25% on Registered Motor Vehicles
- 10.25% on General Merchandise Went Into Effect on January 1, 2016
- 11.25% on General Merchandise within Old Orchard Business District
Illinois Department of Revenue
Sales taxes are collected and administered by the Illinois Department of Revenue. Please call for information regarding sales and use taxes at 800-732-8866.
Simplified Telecommunications Tax
Hotel / Motel Tax
Aggregate Property Tax Rates in Skokie
By elementary school district (PDF) (per $100 of equalized assessed valuation). The Village's portion per $100 of assessed valuation is only $0.760 for the 2015 Tax Levy.
2015 Tax Levy
- School District 68.0 - $10.460
- School District 69.0 - $13.381
- School District 72.0 - $9.784
- School District 73.0 - $11.441
- School District 73.5 - $13.711
- School District 65.0 - $9.923
Local Fuel Tax$.05 (5 cents) per gallon. This tax is collected and administered by the Village of Skokie, Finance Department.
Utility TaxApproximately 5% on electric, natural gas and water. Collected as part of consumer's utility bill.
2% Municipal Amusement Surcharge
A municipal amusement surcharge is imposed by the Village Code, at a rate of 2% on patrons of amusement facilities. The surcharge is applied to all applicable admission fees and charges imposed by amusement owners or operators. For specific information on definitions, applicability, and exemptions, please refer to Sec. 98-370 of the Skokie Village Code.