Retail Stores – Unique, Fun and Useful!
There is ample shopping and an abundance of service-providers including a mix of unique and readily recognized stores:
- Aw Yeah Comics, 7925 Lincoln Avenue – Cozy store selling comic books and related games and collectibles for both adults and children with weekly social events;
- The Chicago Clubhouse, 4835 Main Street – Gaming and hobby shop featuring tournaments, selling, and trading plus collectibles;
- Diana’s Bridal, 4646 Oakton Street – Wildly popular for chic dresses and accessories for brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. By appointment only.
- Kneads and Wants Artisan Bakery, 8042 Lincoln Avenue – Small, family-owned bakery and café. Pastries are baked fresh daily and menu includes sandwiches, themed treats and seasonal ingredients.
- Al's Bicycle Shop, 8118 Lincoln Avenue - Longtime local dealer for bikes, parts and accessories including repair services.
- Happy Paws Grooming, 4925 Oakton Street – Highly recommended and cheery locale for pet grooming services.
- Swift Child Care/ 8106 Lincoln Avenue – Accredited and highly recommended day care center with 3 Downtown Skokie locales.
- Print Xpress, 8058 Lincoln Avenue – Longtime family-owned, high quality printing services at affordable prices.
- Big Mike's Cigar Lounge, 8016 Lincoln Avenue – Great selection of tobacco/pipe/vaping products and comfy atmosphere in their elegant on-site lounge.
- Mike Jr. Fitness and Personal Training, 4903 Oakton Street – ‘ISSA certified’ personal trainer for health and fitness workouts.
- Grocers and Produce – Market Place on Oakton and Aldi, 4817 Oakton Street.
- Pharmacy – Walgreens, 4850 Oakton Street.
- Banking and Financial Services – Chase, 7941 Lincoln Avenue; Northshore Community Bank and Trust, 7800 Lincoln Avenue and Edward Jones, 7937 Lincoln Avenue
- Home Improvement – Ace Hardware, 5035 Oakton Street; Skokie Paint and Wallpaper, 7929 Lincoln Avenue and Crafty Beaver Home Center, 4810 Oakton Street.