Retail Stores – Unique, Fun and Useful!
There is ample shopping and an abundance of service-providers including a mix of unique and readily recognized stores:
New! WHO Modern, a high-end vintage furniture and design store, and (northern) Western Exhibitions, an art gallery featuring a number of curated exhibitions a year, open this weekend in shared space at 7933 N. Lincoln Avenue. The opening art event features the work of artist Geoffrey Todd Smith, with the reception on Saturday, November 12, 2022 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Aw Yeah Comics, 7925 Lincoln Avenue – Cozy store selling comic books and related games and collectibles for both adults and children with weekly social events;
- The Chicago Clubhouse, 4835 Main Street – Gaming and hobby shop featuring tournaments, selling, and trading plus collectibles;
- Diana’s Bridal, 4646 Oakton Street – Wildly popular for chic dresses and accessories for brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. By appointment only.
- Kneads and Wants Artisan Bakery, 8042 Lincoln Avenue – Small, family-owned bakery and café. Pastries are baked fresh daily and menu includes sandwiches, themed treats and seasonal ingredients.
- Al's Bicycle Shop, 8118 Lincoln Avenue - Longtime local dealer for bikes, parts and accessories including repair services.
- Happy Paws Grooming, 4925 Oakton Street – Highly recommended and cheery locale for pet grooming services.
- Swift Child Care/ 8106 Lincoln Avenue – Accredited and highly recommended day care center with 3 Downtown Skokie locales.
- Print Xpress, 8058 Lincoln Avenue – Longtime family-owned, high quality printing services at affordable prices.
- Big Mike's Cigar Lounge, 8016 Lincoln Avenue – Great selection of tobacco/pipe/vaping products and comfy atmosphere in their elegant on-site lounge.
- Mike Jr. Fitness and Personal Training, 4903 Oakton Street – ‘ISSA certified’ personal trainer for health and fitness workouts.
- Grocers and Produce – Market Place on Oakton and Aldi, 4817 Oakton Street.
- Pharmacy – Walgreens, 4850 Oakton Street.
- Banking and Financial Services – Chase, 7941 Lincoln Avenue; Northshore Community Bank and Trust, 7800 Lincoln Avenue and Edward Jones, 7937 Lincoln Avenue
- Home Improvement – Ace Hardware, 5035 Oakton Street; Skokie Paint and Wallpaper, 7929 Lincoln Avenue and Crafty Beaver Home Center, 4810 Oakton Street.