- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- IDPH Hotline: 1-800-889-3931, email@example.com
- Governor’s Office COVID-19 Legislative Briefing
- NorthShore University HealthSystem; Community Health Hotline, 847-432-5849
- CCDPH COVID-19 Hotline: 708-633-3319, firstname.lastname@example.org
Niles Township is offering emergency financial assistance to residents who are experiencing financial distress from COVID-10. More information here.
The Village’s Human Services Department offers resource information on financial and emergency assistance towards rent, mortgage, utilities and food. For information, please call 847/933-8208.
Domestic Violence Assistance
Governor Pritzker reminds all that Stay-At-Home can be even more challenging for those that are a victim or live in fear of Domestic Violence.
Need Help Now?
Domestic Violence Helpline:
1-877-TO END DV or 1-877-863-6338 (Voice)
The hotline is toll-free, confidential, multilingual, and open 24-hour.
Comcast Xfinity is offering free WiFi hotspots across the country for anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit xfinity.com/wifi. Comcast is also offering Internet Essentials free to new customers. New customers will receive 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. More information and services can be found at corporate.comcast.com.
Niles Township Government is distributing additional groceries to parents or guardians of children who usually receive free and reduced lunches at their schools.
Additional information on needed donations also is available on the Niles Township Food Pantry Facebook page.
Interested in volunteering at the Niles Township Food Pantry? Click here.
Senior Shopping Hours and Delivery Services
See a list of Skokie grocery stores and pharmacies that offer delivery service. Some are offering curb-side pickup and senior-only shopping hours.
Click here for information on the Niles Township Food Pantry that is offering special supplemental food distribution for pick up only.
Digital Library Access
From the Skokie Public Library:
We may be temporarily closed, but we’re still here to help! Here are some of the ways that you can use the library from home.
Don’t have a library card? We can email you a library card number so that you can use all of our online resources. No need to come in! Just fill out the online application and we’ll be in touch.
Federal Level Assistance
- US Small Business Administration Loans
- US Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration Lender Match Program
Lender Match is a free online referral tool that connects small business with participating SBA-approved lenders
State of Illinois Level Assistance
- IDES Unemployment Benefits for employees
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Small Business Impact Survey
- IDES Unemployment Insurance
- Grubhub suspends commissions for independently owned restaurants needing delivery service
- Free Xfinity Wifi Hotspots
- Facebook announces grant program for small businesses impacted by COVID-19
For Residents from Other Communities
The Skokie Health Department serves Skokie residents, and suggests that residents of neighboring communities contact the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) for assistance:
CCDPH COVID-19 Hotline
- Effective Thursday, Mar. 19, 2020
- Call 708-633-3319
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- Direct the public here for the most up to date information
CCDPH COVID-19 Email
- Effective Thursday, Mar. 19, 2020
- Direct the public to email questions to email@example.com
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- This is another option for obtaining the most up to date information