Businesses & Employers
Skokie Businesses - See Restore Illinois Phase 4 Guidelines
As of June 26, 2020, Skokie and the surrounding region transitioned to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois. The State of Illinois has developed a business toolkit with signage, posters and other resources to ensure business and activities are conducted in accordance with the latest public health recommendations including those of the Skokie Health Department. Phase 4 guidelines include five new industry categories and updated recommendations for the existing categories from Phase 3. Each set of guidelines includes a common set of guidelines that are expected and encouraged among all employers and activity types, as well as workplace and program-specific guidelines. See details of the Phase 4 guidance for businesses.
All Skokie businesses that choose to reopen or expand operations during Phase 4 are required to adhere to the guidelines for their sector. The Skokie Health Department is available to assist businesses with navigating the Restore Illinois Phase 4 Guidance. Please call the Environmental Health team at 847-933-8462 or email email@example.com if you would like someone to walk through the guidance with you, including making an on-site visit for a consultation. Businesses also are urged to report any cases of COVID-19 in the workforce, so that the Health Department team can work with you to prevent spread in your facility. All calls will be answered within one business day.
Federal Level Assistance
- US Small Business Administration Loans
- US Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration Lender Match Program
Lender Match is a free online referral tool that connects small business with participating SBA-approved lenders
State of Illinois Level Assistance
- IDES Unemployment Benefits for employees
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Small Business Impact Survey
- IDES Unemployment Insurance
- Grubhub suspends commissions for independently owned restaurants needing delivery service
- Free Xfinity Wifi Hotspots
- Facebook announces grant program for small businesses impacted by COVID-1