Skokie CDBG-CV CARES Act Amendment
Skokie to Receive CDBG-CV FundsThe Village is preparing an amendment to its Consolidated, Action, and Citizen Participation Plans to facilitate the distribution of $361,988 in CDBG-CV funds to help low/moderate-income Skokie residents with needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to visit this page in the coming weeks and months for updates.
Draft Substantial Amendments to Existing Plans
The following documents were available for public review and were the subject of a Village Board public hearing:
- Draft Substantial Amendment - Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Draft Substantial Amendment - Consolidated Plan (PDF)
- Draft Substantial Amendment - Action Plan (PDF)
Substantial Amendment Public Hearing on June 15, 2020
The proposed plan amendments, including the Program Year 2019 (PY19) Action Plan, include updates to support urgent needs, including food and shelter, and assist with economic development activities, including the following:
Public Services. Support individuals, households, and organizations with needs related to COVID-19.
- Rent, Mortgage, and/or Utility Assistance: $100,000. Support housing costs for residents impacted by job and/or income loss due to COVID-19.
- Small Business Assistance: $100,000. Support small businesses that did not receive assistance from other COVID-19 funding sources.
- Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA) Assistance: $65,000. Support increased operational costs associated with COVID-19.
- Home-Delivered Meals Assistance: $35,000. Support organizations that prepare and distribute meals to seniors and those confined to their homes due to COVID-19.
- Other Health and Human Services: $61,988. Support additional health and human services needs as they arise due to COVID-19.
Program Administration. Support increased costs associated with CDBG-CV program administration.
Total CDBG-CV Funds: $361,988
Projects, activities, and budget amounts are subject to change, in whole or in part, including reallocating funds from public services to public facilities and/or program administration, depending on need. The main objective of the funds is to assist with Skokie’s COVID-19 response, which may include adding projects, activities, and/or funding to address unforeseen circumstances that may arise between this substantial amendment and September 30, 2022.
Up to $20,000 in unallocated PY19 or PY20 CDBG funds may also be applied to COVID-19 activities and not be subject to the standard 15% public services cap or the need for a follow-up substantial amendment.
For further information regarding CDBG-CV, please contact Carrie Haberstich, AICP, Planner/CDBG Administrator, in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Village of Skokie, 5127 Oakton St, Skokie, IL, 60077.