The Village of Skokie, along with its partners at the Skokie Public Library, Skokie Chamber of Commerce and IMODS (the Independent Merchants of Downtown Skokie), works to strengthen local businesses and assists with promotion, development, expansion, permitting and general services. We will work with you to help promote your business, products and services. Our aim is to develop Downtown Skokie in a way that is responsive to community needs and the marketplace. All of the following services are available to Downtown Skokie businesses:
- General assistance with taxes, zoning, licensing, building, liquor permits, parking, lighting, streets and sanitation.
- Business identity to help build a sense of business identity within the community.
- Communications regarding special events, store hours, street closings, holiday scheduling, introduction of new Village programs and identifying significant issues confronting your business.
- Coordination with the Skokie Chamber of Commerce and IMODS to participate in upcoming events, business opportunities and media relations.
- Vacant storefront window covering program.
- Market research information is available. The Village has recently completed extensive market research identifying products and services desired by the residents, business owners and property owners.
- For more information, contact the Economic Development Division at 847/933-8446.