Finance Department - Vehicle Licensing
Skokie 2016-17 vehicle stickers should be displayed on windshields by August 31, 2016. Vehicle stickers are available for purchase online by clicking here and at Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All vehicles registered in the State of Illinois to an address within the limits of the Village of Skokie are required to purchase and display a valid Village of Skokie vehicle sticker. The owner of record appearing on the Secretary of State's records is responsible for the purchase and display of the sticker.
- New residents or businesses must purchase and display vehicle stickers within sixty days of moving to the Village.
- Purchasers of a new vehicle must purchase and display a valid Village sticker within thirty days of purchase.
- Holders of current Village stickers will be mailed a renewal form to the last address of record in June of each year.
- Stickers are available for purchase June 1 and must be displayed by August 31.
- Annual renewals may be processed online or through the mail.
- Vehicle stickers must be applied to the inside lower driver's side of the front windshield.
- The fee for a motor vehicle shall be reduced by 50 % if the applicant became the owner of the motor vehicle or a resident of the Village after December 31 of any year (Semiannual fee), except motor bicycles, motor-scooters, motorcycles, vehicles of auto dealers, and school buses.
- Late penalties of 50% of the fee required for the applicable license will apply if the license is purchased after August 31 for annual fees or after December 31 for semiannual fees.
- Transfer of license is allowed one time only when an owner provides evidence of the disposal of a vehicle and transfers the license to the new vehicle for $5.00.
- A replacement sticker for a lost or stolen license may be purchased for a fee of $5.00.
- If an owner having a vehicle registered in another Illinois municipality becomes a resident of the Village, the owner may purchase a current vehicle license for a fee of $5.00.
Payment of late penalties shall not exempt a person from any other fines imposed for the operation of a motor vehicle without the display of a proper license.
Vehicle stickers are available for purchase throughout the year online by clicking here and at the Collections Division window on the first floor of Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton St. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Village Hall is closed on Saturdays. A payment drop box is located in the parking lot on the north east corner of Oakton Street and Floral Avenue. Payments for Village of Skokie water bills, parking tickets and other non-moving violations, and miscellaneous invoices may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week online by clicking here. Mailed applications also are accepted.
Please call the Finance Department - Collections Division at 847/933-8423 for further information.