Administrative Hearing - Vehicle and Parking Violations
Failure to Appear at a Scheduled Hearing
If you have a valid reason for not appearing at your scheduled Hearing date you may provide a written petition within 14 days of the original Hearing date to request a new Hearing date. Mail or deliver the petition to the Village of Skokie, Traffic Compliance Officer, Village Hall, Box 264, 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie, Illinois 60077.
Valid reasons for not appearing at your scheduled Hearing may include:
- A serious illness or accident involving the defendant, a close family member, or the defendant's domestic partner
- A death involving the defendant, a close family member, or the defendant's domestic partner
- A verifiable emergency involving the defendant, a close family member, or the defendant's domestic partner.
- The defendant was out of the state or country from the period the violation was issued until and including the date of the Administrative Hearing
- The defendant was prevented from having knowledge of the violation from the period of issuance until and including the date of Administrative Hearing due to incarceration, hospitalization, or being otherwise institutionalized
The Traffic Compliance Officer will send a letter advising you of your new Hearing date if warranted or if the Hearing Officer's Determination of Liability will stand.
Failure to respond to the Final Determination letters can ultimately result in collection activity against you or if there are 5 or more occurrences your vehicle may be subject to immobilization (a boot will be attached to the wheel of your vehicle).
Please call the Parking Enforcement office at 847/933-8421 if you have questions.