Community Development - Comprehensive Plan
The Village primarily guides development with its Comprehensive Plan. The Village Board approved a complete update of this document in 2005. Additional sections of the Plan are added on an ongoing basis and can be based upon factors such as identified infrastructure needs or focused geographic areas. Links to each of the adopted sections of the Plan, including appendices, can be found below.
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Demographics: Amended on May 17, 2004 to add economic characteristics such as employment, income, and poverty.
- Chapter 3 – Community Participation: Technical amendments were approved on June 7, 2004.
- Chapter 4 – Direction: Amended to add goals for Public Facilities and Services on February 22, 2005.
- Chapter 5 – Transportation
- Chapter 6 – Housing
- Chapter 7 – Public Facilities and Services
- Chapter 8 – Land Use: Amended on March 25, 2005 and September 6, 2005. Additional updates to the Sector and Area Plans will be incorporated as needed.
- Appendix A – Population, Housing, Social, and Economic Statistics: Amended on May 17, 2004 to add economic characteristics such as employment, income, and poverty.
- Appendix B – Results of Village of Skokie 2003 Citizen Survey
- Appendix C – Near North Suburban Housing Study: Amended September August 7, 2006.
- Appendix D - Multifamily Housing Study
- 2020 Plan for Sector A: Downtown: Adopted October 1, 2007.