Alternate Side Parking Program
The Village’s Alternate-Side Parking Program is in effect from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week, after a snow accumulation of at least two inches. The program is a minimum two-day operation.
- An “alert” warning siren will sound at 7 a.m., indicating that alternate-side parking will be in effect for the day.
- The siren will then sound at 6 p.m., indicating that alternate-side parking has ended for that day.
- On even dates of the month, all vehicles must be parked on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- On odd dates of the month, all vehicles must be parked on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- Comcast customers should tune to channel 17 and RCN customers should tune to channel 25 to find out if alternate-side parking is in effect for the day.
- Residents may tune to 1660 AM, the Village of Skokie’s advisory radio station, to learn more about the alternate-side parking program and to find out if the program is in effect for the day.
- Residents may also call the Village’s prerecorded “Snow Hotline” at (847) 675-SNOW (7669) to find out if the alternate-side parking program is in effect for the day.
- Residents can receive e-mail and/or text message alerts indicating when alternate-side parking is in effect for the day. To signup for e-mail alerts click here. To sign up for CodeRed text message alerts click here.
The Village has certain streets that are exempt from the alternate-side parking program on Saturdays, Sundays and some holidays. There are also streets in the Village that are under the jurisdiction of the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) or the Cook County Highway Department. Click here to learn more about these streets.
When alternate-side parking is in effect, the Village allows temporary parking in two Village-owned parking lots in the community:
- North Skokie Swift parking lot that is accessed off of Gross Point Road north of Dempster Street. Parking is allowed in the section of the lot closest to Gross Point Road.
- The municipal parking lot near Crafty Beaver on the north side of Oakton Street in Downtown Skokie.
- Skokie Swift parking lot on the northwest corner of Skokie Boulevard and Searle Parkway.
Parking restrictions in these parking lots are relaxed while alternate-side parking is in effect. Parking restrictions go back into effect at 6:01 p.m. on the last day of alternate-side parking.